Gia - sessions 1330-
Monday October 5th - I worked with Gia today on much the same as the previous week - my position, her relaxation, rhythm, and straightness of her path. I worked a bit more on asking her for straightness in her own body. When we are on a circle, she is very counter bent, so I applied more inside leg to encourage bend. I focused on keeping the outside rein more consistent in the contact (although light) than the inside rein, I applied my inside leg at a "one" (on an intensity scale of 1-10). There was practically no response with that aid, so I kept my leg at that intensity on her side and added a rhythmic tapping of the whip right behind my leg (which would intensify if she did not respond), as I carefully kept the outside rein at a consistent contact, and guided with inside rein only as necessary. Whenever she gave me even the tiniest amount, I released all of that and told her "good girl!". We started that at the walk, and then progressed to the trot after several successful repetitions at the trot. We also worked on keeping the rhythm and relaxation and position consistent throughout all that as well. There was a little imbalance going into the trot the first time or two, as there is with most transitions in the beginning of any ride. I found that sitting her trot allowed me to maintain my position better, which kept her from getting so upset at my imbalances. I brought her back to the walk a few times in the beginning to help her get re-organized, and then she was able to keep it together and move on. I think this is really helping her (and me). We'll see if she keeps it up ...
Comments
Post a Comment