Gia - session 953 - lesson at CDP

 I had a lesson at CDP with Susan today.  She rode Gia first to show me what they have been working on with her - keeping her walk more forward but not rushy, making more prompt trot transitions, making quiet canter transitions on both leads, staying soft in the bridle, and reaching down and out in the bridle.

I hopped on after Susan, and she had me do all the same things.  My big take-aways are that I need to really work on keeping my arms more limp and lower.  I also need to post with my hips more forward, which allows me to sit taller.  I need to demand a better reaction when I ask for a transition, especially to the trot.  But her canter and her canter transitions felt really good today!  They have also started her on Regumate because they noticed some nasty behavior timed with her cycle.  Not sure if it's doing the trick yet, but we should know for sure next month!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP