Gia - session 950 - lesson at CDP

 I drove down to CDP for my lesson on Gia today.  Susan rode her first, and I studied how she kept Gia's hind end moving quick and forward, towards her hands, but did not restrict her with tension in her arms or fingers, just the length of the reins, and her upper body tall with shoulders back.

I got on, and Susan coached me through the same steps at walk, trot and canter.  I had to keep Gia's feet moving and rhythmic, but I couldn't be tight up front.  It wasn't too bad at the walk and trot, but it was very difficult at the canter.  We were able to get a few moments where we had it, but this work is also hard for Gia, since it has her using her hind end muscles more, so she tired quickly (and the heat doesn't help either).  It will take her a while, but she is making good progress!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP