Gia - session 949 - lesson at CDP

 I had a lesson at CDP with Gia and Charlie today.  I started at the walk and trot with straightness in the shoulder, a soft, equal connection in both low hands, sitting back with my leg on, and asking for her to collect, sometimes go a little forward, and sometimes leg yield out, change direction and haunches-in.  When she was obedient to all that, I added canter transitions.  I had to work to remain soft in the connection, but keep the shoulders straight.  With transition after transition, she started to get it, and we had at least one good one in each direction.  No bucking, and she felt more studious than frustrated today.  I also collected a new catch phrase to practice with - "You don't have to be perfect, but you do have to be CONSISTENT."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP