Gia - session 936 - lesson at CDP

 I took Gia to CDP for a lesson today.  She was very good for her shipping boots.  She hesitated a bit when getting on the trailer, but I loaded her from the off side, and it seemed to do the trick, because she did not back off!  I will plan to do that the next few times, and then try again from the near side.

At CDP, Charlie had us start with our usual routine at the walk and trot - checking her obedience to the go and whoa aids, as well as  the leg yield and haunches-in aids.  She was a little sticky in the first up transition to trot, and a little nervous about a few things, but otherwise seemed pretty good.  

At the canter, we did much of the same.  I had to work on keeping my circle more consistent, but when I did, Gia was better with her obedience and straightness.  There was no bucking, and she was obedient.  I also had to work on being a bit quicker to insist on my half halts and down transitions.  I was letting her take too long, so I had to make her respond much quicker.  She seemed much more relaxed today as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP