Gia - session 918 - lunge over jumps

 I free lunged Gia over jumps in the round pen today.  We started with three poles on the ground about 9 feet apart.  She had to trot through them, then canter through them.  Then I started raising them on the rungs of the round pen.  We eventually got up to the third rung of the round pen.  It was very easy for her when the poles were flat.  As they started to go up, she started to get a bit anxious, and tried to anticipate what I wanted.  I had to get her to slow down a lot, for a while, before she got the idea.  Eventually, I was able to stand very close to the poles, and cue to her whether to trot through or canter through, and she was very obedient!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP