Gia - session 902 - jumping in the field

 I took Gia out in the field today for a light jump school.  In warming up, I worked on getting her to focus more on me with lots of leg yields, bending and transitions.  Thinking back to the show this weekend, I could have done more down transitions, rather than half halts, to help focus and balance her better.  

She jumped almost everything I pointed her at today, except for one stop at the flat tires.  I kept my leg on, and she did get over it, and then went over it just fine the second time.  After each jump I clicked, and when she stopped, I gave her a treat.  Sometimes, she wanted to keep going and jump again, and as long as she was obedient and quiet, I allowed her to.

One side note - When we were teaching lessons last night, Gia shocked herself on the hotwire, and reacted like she always does, by getting pissed off and kicking out at it and bucking around.  It occurred to me that she has touched that hotwire way more times than most horses would have, and still continues to run into it by accident.  And each time, she reacts to it in the same way, like it has royally offended her and it must die.  It got me thinking - if the hotwire hasn't trained her by now, then I should cut myself some slack ☺

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP