Gia - session 894 - lesson at CDP (and trailering)

 I took Gia to CDP for my lesson today. Gia was a bit extra about her shipping boots and getting on the trailer today.  I had to correct her twice about kicking out at her shipping boots.  She was much better after that though.  However, on approaching the trailer, she stopped firmly, about 10 feet before the ramp of the trailer, so I immediately put her to work on a circle, moving her feet in both directions.  After a few minutes of that, I approached the trailer again - another halt at about the same place, so back to moving her feet around me in a circle again.  The third time we approached the trailer she did keep moving up the ramp, although she did hesitate a little about halfway up.  I tapped her on the behind, and then she kept going.

At CDP she was quite a bit more distracted by things going on than usual.  I was having a lot of difficulty getting her attention.  She was responding fairly well to the leg yields, but when I would go to straighten her, or try to do even a little haunches-in, she would over do it and get crooked all over again.  She was also a bit quicker than usual, so I had to ask her to slow down quite a lot.  I did finally get her listening better at the walk and trot, and we were even able to do some leg yields on a straight line, using the whole arena.  When we went to canter, things fell apart again due to distractions.  I had to bring her back to leg yields on the circle at a slow trot, until she was more focused.  The last canter was much better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP