Gia - session 890 - lesson at CDP

 So, I'm sure you are all wondering, but Gia got on the trailer with almost no incident this morning.  She did kick out at the boots once or twice when I first started walking her.  I reprimanded her, then stopped, let her relax and tried again.  She was perfectly fine after that.

At CDP, we started at the walk, then the trot, and worked on leg yield out on circles and changes of direction.  She started a little anxious, but not nearly as bad as last time, and quickly relaxed.  Charlie had us work on a straightening exercise - leg yield out, slight flexion to the outside to straighten, then haunches-in.  We also added in some collecting and lengthening.  When things felt fairly good, we tried the canter.  For the most part, it was pretty good!  I have to work on making sure to give her time to "answer" the first "question" I ask her, before moving on to the next one, and always remember to relax when she gives me the correct answer.  I also have to work on "taking a step back" if she gets confused or frustrated, rather than continuing to ask her for the next step, and the next step, and the next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP