Gia - session 875 - dressage

I worked with Gia on her dressage today.  We started some free walk and medium walk.  I focused on getting her to soften and quiet her body in the walk.  When that was better, I moved her into the trot.  Her first several transitions were not that great.  She was very against my hand.  I did a lot of circles, changes of bend and leg yields to encourage her to get off my hands and legs.  I have to remember to keep my legs on and my knees soft.  As she improved, I added a little bit of canter, still working on the same basic things.  She did ok.  It was still hard for her to stay off my hands, especially when tracking left.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP