Gia - session 868 - jumping in arena

I worked with Gia in the arena over fences today.  We warmed up with some walk and trot work - low, deep and forward, since she was a bit tense from the cold and high winds.  She was very resistant in her first few transitions, but once she was moving better, everything started to go more smoothly.  I had a variety of jumps set up in the arena.  I put her over whatever seemed good at the time.  My main focus was on getting her back to a "good" canter after the jumps.  She tends to get strung out and too fast.  I worked on collecting the canter, gradually, which often ended in a trot, but eventually she will build the strength to hold a better canter for longer periods of time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP