Gia - session 861 - lunge over jumps

I lunged Gia over jumps on a lunge line in a rope halter today.  We started with a little refresher on lunging in the rope halter - stop when I say "stop", go when I say "go", turn and go the direction I ask.  She was perfect with all that.  I also encouraged some canter work, and she was kind of blasé` about it until I used the clicker for her obedience.  She perked up after that, and was eager to canter in both directions.  She was also eager to trot and canter over the pole on the ground, then the large crossrail, then the large vertical.  The only thing she had trouble with was cantering over the jump when tracking right.  She kept drifting to the left after the jump.  I added a pole on the ground afterwards, and that helped her out a lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP