Gia - session 858 - jumping in the field

 I took Gia out in the field for some jumping today.  We started at the walk, and right away, she was "put off" by a very wet area in one field.  She was very resistant to go through it, so I kept my leg on, waited for her to relax, and "clicked" when she did finally go through.  We went back-and-forth several times, until she was more relaxed. 

At the trot, I used a lot of leg yield to encourage more bending to the inside, since she was constantly trying to look at stuff around her.  She was fairly receptive to that work.  As she improved, I added in some jumps.  She was a bit sluggish at first, but then she picked up her pace, and landed at the canter after the jumps.  We played with the canter around the field, and I mainly just tried to keep a correct bend, with her haunches more to the inside.  She was landing on her left lead fairly well, but not her right.  She did a little tail swishing during her first canter, but never did anything naughtier than that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP