Gia - session 856 - lunging over jumps

 I lunged Gia over jumps in the round pen today.  I started her with three ground poles, spaced about 9-10' apart.  I had her trot and canter through them, until she was steady and rhythmic.  Gradually, I raised all three poles, until they were about 2' high at their highest end.  She was doing very well with all that, so I added a towel draped across, and then the towel on the ground under the jump.  There was very little hesitation, and she went right over both obstacles in each direction!  Finally, I added another obstacle.  She did stop at it once, but it's possible that she just didn't have a good approach, because she came back and did it very well in both directions.  Apparently, she has recently decided that these are not scary jumps.  News to me ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP