Gia - session 855 - hack on trail

 I took Gia for a hack on the trail today.  She was very quickly startled by one of my pieces of tractor equipment that was covered by a tarp.  It took her a lot of time working on relaxing, then taking a step or two forward, then relaxing again, and repeating all that several times, before she touched it. I clicked each time she relaxed, and was planning to click and treat once she touched it, but she did a touch-and-bolt, so I had to re-approach.  We got there a little quicker the second time, then she touched it all over, with lots of clicks, and treats.

We proceeded into the woods, where she seemed fairly relaxed.  When we came back out, I had wanted to hop off on the tailgate of the truck that was in the middle of the driveway where someone was unloading gravel.  I've slightly strained my ankle, so I've been trying to dismount (especially from great heights) onto some sort of stool or landing.  Gia would absolutely NOT get the side of her body close enough to the tailgate for me to get off.  Finally, after many failed attempts, I had Danielle step in to help lead her up.  I still gave her the cues, but Danielle acted as her "emotional support human", and she was able to make it happen.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP