Gia - session 854 - dressage

 I worked on some dressage stuff with Gia today.  She started out quite nicely with a good stretch at the walk.  When I first picked up the trot, she was very resistant and fussy, so I worked on softening her with lateral work, while riding her very forward.  We did a lot of shoulder-in, leg yield and haunches-in at the walk and trot, and a lot of transitions.  She was becoming less resistant as we went on.  I was also able to get a good canter transition in each direction.  I could feel her wanting to bunch up and buck, but I kept her moving forward, and she wasn't able to.  Her canter to the left was the hardest.  She kept losing her haunches to the right, and thus, losing the canter.  When I was able to keep her haunches in, she was able to keep the canter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP