Gia - session 853 - lunge over jumps

 I worked with Gia lunging over jumps in the round pen today.  I set out three poles, about 9 feet apart each, and asked Gia to trot, and canter through them.  As she progressed, I raised them all up, and eventually added a towel over the middle one.  There were times when she did things very correctly, and there were times when she was much too fast and wild.  Towards the end, she wouldn't slow down at all, so I turned it into a "natural horsemanship" session with jumps.  Each time she sped up, I made her change direction, and kept her moving until she showed signs of submission.  By the end, she was much better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP