Gia - session 852 - lesson with Suzin

 Gia and I had a lesson with Suzin today.  I had hoped we were turning over a new leaf, but things did not start out that way.  She started out with a fairly nice stretch at the walk, but when I picked her up and asked to trot, she shook her head, pinned her ears, and swished her tail.  Suzin had me immediately start to ride her very low, very deep, and very forward.  I did a lot of changes of direction, as well as transitions, looking for her to start behaving better.  She was better, but still wanted to be a little naughty when asked for an up transition.  Eventually, we moved into more lateral work, including shoulder-in, renvers, leg yield, etc.  She was mostly doing well with that.  At one point, she got fairly resistant, and broke, haughtily, into a canter, while I was trying to get her to do shoulder-in.  So, we did shoulder-in at the canter.  I didn't ask for any canter on purpose today.  By the end, she was more obedient, and giving me what I asked for more willingly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP