Gia - session 820 - jump in field

 I took Gia out to the field to jump today.  We started with hills at the walk - stretching uphill and collecting downhill.  She was pretty quick, but also pretty obedient.  Then I added trot work, also with the hills, but also a little collecting and lengthening and bending and haunches-in around the field.  She was fairly obedient and relaxed.  I really focused on keeping both reins connected, but quiet, and using leg to make the majority of corrections.  To help my body find the right position, and stay relaxed, I used the grab strap on the saddle as well.  I asked for a little canter, and she was REALLY good - no bucking, responsive, relaxed!  We cantered to several jumps.  My main focus was on steadying her canter so that she could find the right spot to the jump.  We were able to get several nice ones!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP