Gia - session 804 - lesson with Suzin

 Gia and I had a lesson with Suzin today.  We started out with a nice stretchy free walk.  I picked her up to medium walk, and she was submissive and obedient.  When I asked for trot, she went against my hand a bit, so I had to do some positioning and softening during the transitions until I was able to get several with no opposition.  Then I worked on some bending and changes of rein and straightening exercises.  Finally, we went to work on the canter, using transitions from the walk.  Suzin helped me to get her very straight before I asked.  I had to catch the right moment, and then ask super soft, barely even touching her.  We had some tense moments, and a few moments of bucking or leaping forward (I was almost unseated on one particularly large leap, but Gia stopped as soon as she felt me unbalanced, and moved to catch me).  I was able to get several nice canter transitions, both up and down!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP