Gia - session 803 - jump in the field

 I took Gia out to the field today.  We started with walking and trotting up and down hills - focusing on stretching, being very straight, and getting into the outside rein.  It was definitely more difficult for her when going downhill.  Then I started asking for the canter.  We mostly worked on it from the walk, because it's easier for me to catch and correct her, but if she trotted a little, I didn't exactly stop her.  She only bucked a little, but she did struggle to get the transition while staying in the outside rein, especially tracking right.  I did end up getting several decent canters from her, and even jumped a few jumps out of the canter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP