Gia - session 800 - lunge over jumps

 I lunged Gia over jumps in the round pen today.  I warmed her up with a ground pole at the trot in both directions a few times.  Then I bumped it up to a small vertical, then a 2' vertical.  All that went fairly well.  I clicked and gave her a treat each time she had a successful jump.  Next, I added a towel draped across the pole.  She definitely dodged that jump the first time around!  When she came back to it, I had to keep her a little "penned in" against the round pen fence to make sure she went over it.  She got a click and a treat immediately.  I had her go over it a few more times in each direction, until it was solid.  She finished with much more bravado than she started!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP