Gia - session 799 - jump in field

 I took Gia out in my field to warm up and jump a little.  At the walk and trot, I focused on keeping her in the outside rein, and changing rein often.  I allowed her to stretch a little whenever she felt obedient and submissive.  Then I took her over several jumps, but all she did was trot over them.  She did stop at the small brick wall jump the first time.  I stopped and made her look at it, then brought her back to it and she went over it just fine.  Finally, I took her out to my medium grade hills to work on the canter.  She was a little anticipatory, so I made her trot around a few times, getting her into the outside rein.  When she was quieter, I asked for canter.  She did fairly well in both directions.  She wanted to twist out of the outside rein, but I kept pushing her into it, and then she finally relaxed and moved forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP