Gia - session 798 - flat work in the field and arena

 I took Gia out to the field to warm up today.  We worked up and down hills at the walk and trot - collecting going down and stretching going up.  I also worked on keeping her very straight.  I took back in the arena to work on the canter.  I really focused on keeping a good feet on my outside rein during all our trot work - working, stretching, leg yields, haunches-in.  When I asked for the canter, I focused on keeping that same connection.  She did fairly well tracking right, but kept dropping out of my outside rein tracking left.  I had to do a lot of leg yield to the right to keep her in the outside rein, while asking for canter.  We did end up getting a few good canters in each direction.  She didn't really buck, but she did jump up and forward a few times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP