Gia - session 797 - lesson at CDP

 I took Gia for a lesson at CDP today.  We started with stretching at the walk, while also asking for leg yield and changes of bend and direction.  As I asked for the trot, she came up to a working frame, but was a bit against me.  I did more bending to get her off my hand, and then went to work with leg yield, haunches-in, going forward, coming back, transitions, and stretching.  She was quite responsive to everything.  As I started to ask for canter I could feel her start to come apart.  I noticed that she tended to anticipate the canter transition when she felt me sit the trot.  So, I started back with my trot routine, and added sitting trot and double posting down to mix it all up.  When I asked for canter again, she was more obedient.  I had to focus on keeping the connection in the outside rein more consistent, but I did get several good  moments in each direction!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP