Gia - session 789 - lesson at CDP

 Gia was a bit tense when we started warming up at CDP for our lesson.  I kept my leg on, kept asking her to go forward, and softened as soon as she responded with a more forward walk.  That's pretty much the theme of our entire lesson - ask for something, then soften when I get it, then ask for something else, all the while keeping a firm leg whenever she got tense or stuck or didn't want to go forward.  We did a LOT of transitions and lateral work - leg yield, shoulder-out, collect, lengthen, walk, trot, canter, more walk.  I kept her very busy, and tried to go in the opposite direction that she wanted to (walk if she wanted to canter, etc).  I only asked for 3-4 canters, but they were all pretty good, quiet, forward and NO bucking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP