Gia - session 785 - flatwork in the field

 I took Gia out in the field today for her flatwork.  We started with walk and trot up and down the hills - collecting downhill and stretching up.  I focused on her straightness the most, and used a lot more leg than usual.  I definitely felt a difference in how quickly she straightened up.

I took her to a flatter area when we were ready to add the canter.  There were still gradual hills, which I used when asking for canter.  The first few canters were a bit rocky - lots of bucking, but I kept my leg on HARD, until she straightened up and went forward.  Then I completely relaxed, and even gave her her head and praised her.  We did that several times in each direction.  It was pretty good by the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP