Gia - session 784 - lesson with Suzin

 Gia and I had a lesson with Suzin today.  We started with a little free walk, then picked up to medium walk, and worked on a little lateral work for straightness and suppleness.  Then we worked on walk to trot transitions.  When I would ask for the up transition to the trot, I could feel Gia shifting her shoulder to the inside to avoid going forward.  Each time it happened, I straightened her back up, and then asked for the trot again.  It took a few tries, but she was eventually able to give me the trot without getting crooked.  

After some good transitions, we worked on lateral stuff for straightness and suppleness at the trot.  Then proceeded to tackle the same issue with the trot to canter transitions.  In addition to getting crooked, Gia also stopped going forward, and threw in a few bucks.  I really had to focus on keeping my leg on, and tapping her with the whip until she finally went forward.  When she did, I made a big, positive fuss over her.  By the end of our ride, the last canter in each direction was much more willing and obedient, and much straighter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP