Gia - session 783 - flatwork in the field

 I took Gia out in the field to work on her flatwork today.  We started by working on the hills - collecting the walk and trot going down, and stretching going up.  She also had to stay straight, which was the hardest part for her.  She was quite argumentative about getting straight, but I kept my leg on, and kept guiding her.  As soon as she got a good moment, I relaxed everything for a few seconds.

Then I started working on very square turns at the trot, using the entire field.  Again, the hardest part for her was staying straight.  When it was more consistent, I asked for a little bit of haunches-in, and then canter.  With both movements, she still had to stay straight, so if she lost that, we went back to the trot to get it back.  It was very frustrating for her, but when she got it, I made sure to make a big, positive, deal about it, and soften everything.  We did have one moment, where all the horses in the field started galloping, so I had to do circles and work to keep her attention.  Luckily, I was able to keep her focused on me, and when she relaxed again, we went back to work.  We were able to get a few good canter moments in each direction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP