Gia - session 777 - lunge over jumps

 I worked with Gia in the round pen today lunging over jumps.  I warmed her up by trotting over a ground pole several times in each direction.  I had all the "scary" items, that I like to put under the jumps, very near the ground pole, so she started out VERY reactive and trying to bolt away from the pole.  I kept pushing her around, and she did eventually get over the pole.

As I raised the pole to a small vertical, then a larger vertical, she did fairly well, and jumped the jump properly.  Next, I added a towel draped over the pole.  That scared her a lot, and she didn't want to go over it at all.  Once again, I had to keep pushing her on and encouraging her.  Once she got over it the first time, it got easier the next time, and the next time.  I kept on until she went over it without fussing at all.  After each jump, I gave her a small treat and a pat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP