Gia - session 774 - Sedgefield jumping show

 I took Gia to the Sedgefield Jumper show today.  She warmed up fairly quietly on the lunge line, even at the canter.  Under saddle, she walked almost with any hesitation up to the warm up ring.  In warm up, we started right out in a fairly nice trot, and I worked on keeping her shoulders straighter.  I tried a few jumps at the trot first, but she did not elect to pick up the canter on her own.  So, I started to ask for it on the flat, but continued to focus on keeping her shoulders straight, whether she got the canter or not.  The first few attempts were short and tense, and there were a few bucks.  As we got going though, and I kept the shoulders straight, she relaxed and cantered around the warm up quite nicely.  She had a harder time picking up her right lead, but I didn't make a big deal out of it.

We entered 2 open jumper classes at 2'6".  On our way to the first jump, I worked on getting the canter.  It was a little touch and go, but once she started jumping, it was much better.  She was a little "off" in some of her distances, and she did pull one rail in the second class, but overall, she stayed fairly quiet and relaxed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP