Gia - session 767 - lesson with Suzin

 Gia started out very relaxed in her lesson today.  We started with a nice free walk, and then moved up to medium walk.  We did a few transitions between walk and halt, and then walk and trot.  She was a little against my hand at times, so I kept my fingers moving, and encouraged her to step under herself better.  At the trot, we also worked on bending, leg yield, shoulder-in, etc for straightness.

Once she felt ready, I started asking for some canter work.  First, I asked for a shoulder-in at the trot.  Once she had that, I cued for canter, and circled.  At first, she was a little against my hand, so I just kept my fingers moving, and kept bumping her with my leg until she softened.  Eventually, the canter became softer and easier, and she kept it longer.  When I first got down transitions to the trot, they were sloppy, but by the end, they were much more organized.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP