Gia - session 757 - lesson at CDP

 Gia and I travelled to CDP for our lesson today.  This time, Susan hopped on first to see if she could offer some insight into Gia's issues with the canter.  After playing around with her at the walk, trot and canter, she had me hop on.  Susan had us work on encouraging Gia's hind legs to move quicker, and more under herself, while keeping the front end a bit more contained.  She had us do this at the walk and trot.  She also had me focus on keeping Gia a bit straighter, with less bend to the inside.  At the canter, she felt that I was a bit too tight somewhere in my lower leg, or seat, and my hands.  She had me soften my hands about 30%, and instead of keeping my outside leg constantly on, to keep the haunches in, she had me just bump her swiftly with my outside leg, anytime I needed to.  That really helped Gia to keep her own balance, instead of relying on my leg.  When she kept her balance better, she kept her canter longer, and didn't feel like she wanted to buck today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP