Gia - session 750 - lunge over jumps

 With the very unpredictable weather today, I kept things simple with Gia and just lunged her over a few jumps in the arena.  I start with a pole, then a small vertical, then a 2' vertical.  All those went fairly well.  She was nicely obedient, especially to the halt afterwards. She was a bit too excited to go, at times, so she missed a couple of her distances.  Then I placed a barrel underneath, and that was easy for her.  Finally, I added a styrofoam boogie board in front of the barrel.  That caught her off guard, and she did stop at it in both directions.  It took some coaxing, but I was able to get her over it after a few tries.  She was fairly confident afterwards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP