Gia - session 742 - light flatwork

 I worked with Gia lightly today, due to the heat.  We just worked a little on her flatwork.  We started with a good stretch at the walk, and she felt nicely relaxed.  I picked up the trot, and did a little work on bending.  She was fairly good with her transitions, and only a little against my hand.  I asked for the canter only once in each direction, and both times was fairly good.  There was no naughtiness, but she did suck back a little bit.  Once I got her forward for a few strides, I brought her back.  After that, she wanted to canter often, so I only worked on posting and sitting the trot, and quickly brought her back when she tried to turn anything into a canter.  She was being polite, just eager to canter correctly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP