Gia - session 738 - lesson at CDP

 Gia and I had a lesson at CDP with Charlie today.  She was a little tense when we started stretching at the walk, but not too bad.  Her transition to trot was ok the first time and better the second time.  We worked on the usual at the trot - forward and back, leg yield, haunches-in.  All that felt fairly good, maybe a little distracted.  I asked for canter both ways.  She was a little sassy, with a little bucking, but I kept her poll up and kept her forward, and she worked it out.  

We started working over a few small verticals with some (relatively) tighter turns.  She started having trouble going forward, and was sucking back a bit.  She was also picking up the canter when I hadn't asked for it.  I had to work on sending her forward, regardless of whether or not I asked for the canter, until she was in front of my leg, then bring her back and try again.  By the end, we were able to get a better trot, but we didn't make it back to the jumping.  Next time ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP