Gia - session 727 - flatwork

 Gia was not on her best behavior today.  

I started by stretching her down at the walk, and she felt a bit tense and quick, but I asked her to slow her walk down, and she settled in to it better.  She felt quite resistant when I asked her to halt.  She was inverted, and against the bit, so I worked on getting her to flex, but I also had to send her forward because she wanted to back up without being asked.  I had to do a lot of softening, stretching, flexing and sending her forward, which turned into the trot, and then turned into the canter.  Then she wanted to buck, since she wasn't getting her way.  I just kept softening and sending her forward.  It took a while, and a lot of tantrum throwing, but I eventually was able to get her to go forward and stay soft, as well as to stop and stay soft.  She was quite worn out by the end!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP