Gia - session 721 - jump lesson at CDP

 Gia and I had a jump lesson with Charlie this morning.  She felt a bit tight and behind my hand when I first started walking.  Every time she felt too light like that, I pushed her to go more forward.  As soon as she felt more correct - more heavy in my hand, with her poll up and nose out, I relaxed and worked on stretching her down.  It took a few transitions like that before she was behaving more consistently.  When I picked her up to trot, I reacted the same way, if she felt too light, or behind my hand.  I asked her to go forward, come back, leg yield and haunches-in at the trot.  Then I asked for canter.  She felt a little tight at first, but as soon as I pushed her forward, she settled into a better canter, and even kept it longer and more balanced.

Since she warmed up better, we got to jump a lot more today - several small courses.  Anytime she cantered, I allowed it and helped to balance her, while keeping her forward.  Then I would come back to the trot before the next jump.  I had to focus on keeping her entire (long) body straight between my hand and leg.  At times, she got a little wobbly and fish-tailed.  I also had to keep an eye out for her neck to not get too short as we worked.  If it did, I circled to get organized and more correct, before going on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP