Gia - session 710 - flatwork

 I had a light flatwork session with Gia today.  We mainly worked on halt, reinback and trot transitions, as well as softening and responding more quickly.  When I asked her to soften, she would respond dully to the forward cue.  When I sharpened her response to the forward cue, she wanted to resist against my hand.  There was a lot of back and forth before she felt better in both ways.  Sometimes, I would not rein back more than one step, and then send her forward as soon as she came against my hand.  By the end of our ride, she was much more obedient and soft.  I also worked a bit on stretching down and coming back up.  Both were OK, but got better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP