Gia - session 689 - dressage lesson with Suzin

 Gia and I started out with a nice free walk and medium walk in our lesson with Suzin today.  When I picked her up to medium walk, she wanted to stiffen against my inside rein, so I did a lot of work pushing her off my inside leg, and making sure that her shoulders moved away, to the outside.  I repeated the same work at the trot, and worked all over the arena, on both sides of her body.  She was quite resistant at times, but when she softened, she felt great!  

We did a little bit of turn-on-the-haunches, and she had to keep her neck soft there as well.  Finally, we did a little work on the canter - keeping the inside of her body soft, and moving into the outside rein.  I did have to be careful not to do too much, and to allow her to go straight when she softened.  We got several nice canter moments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP