Gia - session 687 - loading in the new trailer

 I was finally able to find a new trailer that my giant horse will fit in!  It's a 6 horse head-to-head, which means it has a lot more room for how long Gia is.  Loading and unloading on it is a bit different than the straight load 2 horse trailer, and the slant load 6 horse trailer that I have though.  The horse has to come up a steep ramp, then turn their body, then back into the allotted space.  I worked with all the horses on loading today, and Gia was actually fairly good.  

She did not want to come up the ramp at first.  After a few moments, she relaxed and came up.  Once in, it only took a little maneuvering to get her to turn and back up.  She was not resistant at all, and seemed to understand the process.  Once she was in a stall, I let her hang out and munch alfalfa while I loaded someone else.  When it was her turn again, I brought her off the trailer and put her back on.  We repeated the process three times.  She was super about letting me put her in any of the stalls I wanted, and seemed very relaxed about the whole process.  Hopefully, this trailer may ease some of her shipping worries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP