Gia - session 663 - flatwork

 I worked with Gia on her flatwork at home today.  We started with the usual - bending, leg yields, circles, changes of direction.  Throughout everything, I focused on keeping a connection, but not pulling or tightening, and making sure I softened when she gave me what I asked for.  I did the same at the trot, then worked on the canter.  There were no problems at all with our canter transitions today!  The main thing I focused on at the canter, itself, was collecting it a bit so it wasn't so strung out.  Gia ended up breaking to the trot a lot because collecting the canter is hard, but she did give me one good moment in each direction!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP