Gia - session 655 - in hand work

 The ground was too frozen to ride this morning, so I finally got to finish pulling Gia's mane.  After that, I took her to hang out with the pigs, who were out in the yard munching acorns.  She is fairly comfortable and relaxed around them, however, when she encounters them in her field, she can be a bit aggressive.  I want her to learn how to interact with them without having a negative reaction.  Every time she touches them or approaches them in a nice, polite way, I tell her "good girl", and give her a treat.  Every time she approaches them with ears pinned, or any other negative body language, I give her a yank on her halter and tell her "no" until she backs off.  She was about 50/50 with her behaviors today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP