Gia - session 648 - flatwork at CDP

 It's only been a couple of days since Gia has been at Camp CDP, but I went down to ride her today.  Charlie said he did ground work and lunging with her yesterday, and she was perfect!  That definitely made me proud!

Today, Hayley hopped on first, and took her through her paces.  Her main focus was on getting Gia to go froward, and then leaving her alone to figure things out.  Gia was a little looky at first, but then settled in to her job much quicker than she had on Tuesday.  

I got on next, and did the same thing.  She easily moved off my leg, even into the canter (no dramatics!).  I had a difficult time (mentally) trying to let go and let her figure things out.  I feel safer if I am in control, with a short rein and lots of half halts, but then Gia feels trapped, and things spiral.  It may sound silly, but what really helped me was holding on to the neck strap, while keeping a slight loop in my reins.  The neck strap helped to give me the security I thought I needed, in case she decided to be naughty, but it also allowed me to be able to let go of her.  She was great, and felt really relaxed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP