Gia - session 639 - flat work

 I worked with Gia on her flatwork today.  We started with a relaxed but marching walk, and added some stretching and bending as she warmed up.  Next, we worked on walk to trot transitions.  She was resistant, as usual, but I kept pushing her through until she softened.  I also worked on making my cue more subtle, since she seems to prefer that.  I thought about applying both seat bones right before I applied my leg cue.  She seemed a little less resistant once she understood what I was asking for.  I also worked on a little bit of canter in each direction.  At first, she was too excited, and explosive, especially when I was sitting the trot into the canter.  I started making sure I was very clear about when I wanted her to trot, and when I wanted her to canter, and I posted the trot to help with the clarity.  That apparently helped, and she gave me a few transitions that were really nice!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP