Gia - session - 624 - hack on trail

 I gave Gia last week off since the show season was over and she had worked so hard all year.  She probably didn't appreciate it though, since she really loves to work!

To get her back into the swing of things today, I just kept it simple and took her for a hack on the trail.  I had trouble getting her to stand still.  That is something that has been brewing, but I have ignored it up until now.  I will be cracking down on that behavior for sure.  She was also very nervous about a pile of junk that we passed on the way to the trail.  I worked with her for a while, encouraging her to get closer and closer, until she finally touched it and realized it was no big deal.  She didn't care about it at all when we passed it on the way out.  Meanwhile, on the trail, she was nervous in general, not at anything in particular.  I just kept encouraging her to stretch down and look straight ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP