Gia - session 609 - lunge over jumps in field

To prep Gia for the show this weekend, I took her out to lunge over some of her jump nemeses in the field.  Except for a sudden burst of excitement, where she decided to start galloping around, she was really good and jumped everything I pointed her at!  Part way through our session, I think she got excited because she was jumping (which she loves), and getting treats each time she went over something.  She started galloping and bolting, so I paused the jumping and just lunged her in each direction, focusing on obedience to my cues until she quieted down.  Then we resumed the jumping.  She went over the brick wall, the flat tires, the bank up and down, the ditch and the corner.  She was super eager to go to whatever I pointed her at, and didn't balk or stop at anything.  Fingers crossed she has the same attitude this weekend (minus the galloping, of course!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP