Gia - session 602 - flat and jump at CDP

 I took Gia to CDP today for a lesson with Charlie.  She started out a little unfocused and felt slightly naughty.  I worked on circles and leg yields at the walk and trot to get her attention.  Then we started to go over a few poles and a small crossrail.  With the smaller jumps, she just trotted them, which was fine.  I stayed focused on keeping her attention, doing circles when necessary to help her focus.  As the jumps got bigger (only to about 2'), she started to actually jump them.  When she landed at the canter, which was often, I switched gears and just worked on helping her balance at the canter.  Charlie had me primarily work with my outside rein, trying to use VERY little inside rein.  I also worked on half halting in time with her mane (every time the mane "came up" at the canter, I timed my half halts to match).  She was able to keep her canter for a fairly long time, several times in each direction.  She also only gave me a couple of (barely) naughty moments.  The rest of the time the canter felt VERY relaxed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP