Gia - session 597 - dressage lesson with Suzin

 I started Gia with some stretching down at the walk for my lesson today.  Then we worked on transitions to and from the trot while stretching down.  She was a bit resistant to those today, but I was able to get her a little softer.  I added a small spur to my boots for riding her.  It's not much of a spur, but I would like for her to respond to my leg better, so that I only have to use the whip if necessary.  I definitely felt more of a reaction from her today, but it wasn't bad.  She was naughty at times, when she felt resistant and I pushed her forward, but no more than usual.  I did work on trying to soften her more with my fingers today, when she became resistant, rather than just widening my hands and trying to keep the connection.  So, anytime I felt resistance, I immediately closed my leg like a vice, widened my hands to keep the connection, and added more wiggling of my fingers to soften her so she wouldn't invert and push back harder against me.  That definitely seemed to ease her tension some.  We ended up working a little on the canter today as well.  We had some good moments, despite the tension.  I also used a variety of lateral work to encourage correct bend and placement of her body.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP