Gia - session 592 - jump in field

 I took Gia out to my fields today to jump for a bit.  She was actually fairly relaxed, which is not what I expected since she is in heat, and the weather is cooler and breezy.  I started her out with some stretching at the walk, and then stretchy transitions to trot.  She did those quite well, so I pointed her at some small jumps.  She had a lack of energy to actually jump the jumps, and she ended up trotting over most of them.  I decided to ask her for the canter from a stretchy trot and see if that helped the jumping, despite the chance of some naughtiness.  She was actually quite good!  She was a little surprised at first, but she gave me decent canter transitions in both directions, and much better jumps as a result!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP